Where the focus of activity aligns with member support needs, HOLEX bids for and is otherwise engaged in externally funded development activity. Recent projects which HOLEX has led include:
- Shared Services in Local Authority and Third Sector contexts
- Piloting of Community Learning Leadership Hubs
- Development of Governance in ACL
- Review of Community Learning Reform implementation
- Learning in Local Areas: an examination of sector responses to localism
- “Pound Plus” in Practice.
Working in collaboration with other sector membership bodies, HOLEX has also in recent times been an active partner in a number of ETF-commissioned programmes, including:
- Apprenticeships Staff Support Programme
- Traineeships Staff Support Programme
- Learning Futures
- Excellence in Leadership, Management and Governance.
During 2014/15 we have also attracted NCFE sponsorship for HOLEX Network Events.